Carrie is dishing up her favourite summer recipes and here are two staples that you are going to love this summer!
The fresh bounty of fruits and veg is a lush and beautiful sight at The Little Green Grocery and Stratford Slow Food Farmer’s Market this time of year. We recently visited The Little Green Grocery with our new line of Credo Bags – reusable organic cotton grocery, produce, and bulk bags and loaded up with freshness to make Carrie’s favourite summer bowl.
Our Market bag is our go-to for trips to the Grocery
Carrie’s Summer Lunch Bowl Ingredients:
- Base – Cooked Brown Rice
- Kale ( we used Dino Kale)
- Carrots (yellow and orange)
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Pea Shoots
- Spicy Chili Miso
- Keystone Alley Hippie Dressing
Carrie’s Must-Have Kitchen tools that she uses on a daily basis!
- High quality super sharp Global 8″ Chef’s Knife – quality knives last a life time if taken care of properly, really elevate your slicing, dicing and chopping.
- Microplane Zester– an absolute EVERYDAY item that works perfectly for garlic, ginger, citrus zest, parmesan or hard cheeses, nuts, chocolate and MORE!
- A Kuhn Rikon speed peeler. At a low cost, this see peeler is light in the hand and has a carbon steel blade which is extremely sharp and holds its’ edge for a long time! This peeler is a top pick of many of our local chefs.
- Kuhn Rikon Julienne Peeler – Fast and efficient, this little tool is great when you’re making a small amount of julienned carrots or zucchini and don’t want to pull out your mandolin.
All tools are available in Bradshaws Kitchen Department.
- dry toast pepitas or any nuts
- sauté sliced mushrooms in olive oil and microplaned garlic.
- lightly sauté asparagus in Okazu spicy child miso (available at Little Green Grocer)
- spiralize beets
- julienned carrots
- sugar snap peas sliced on the bias
- thinly sliced kale
- add the above ingredients to a bowl of warm cooked brown rice
- top with pea shoots
- drizzle with Keystone Alley’s Hippie Dressing
- finish with a microplane zest of lime
A hearty, healthy summer lunch bowl full of colour!
One of our favourite things we found at The Little Green Grocery was their custom line of dehydrated citrus slices! Perfect for adding to our summer cocktails!
These gorgeous wheels of dried citrus caught our attention immediately while shopping at The Little Green Grocery. Beautiful little slices perfect for garnishing dinner and DRINKS. We used ours with a beautiful blend of 1.5oz gin, Strawberry Lemonade BOOCH kombucha on ice and topped with a lavender dehydrate orange slice. AND we are LOVING our Hay Straws. Say good-bye to single use plastic straws and hello to fully compostable hay straws! Available in our bar department.
Share this post